Please join us on Wednesday, February 28th at 6:30 pm in the WP cafeteria for our Black History Month Family Event. This is a student-led living museum followed by a live cultural performance and a parent open forum on “How to Speak to Your Child about Multiculturalism and Diversity.”
Click here to learn more.
Join Winnona Park family and friends Saturday, December 2ndrd for a special holiday event. The Jingle Jog will begin at 8:30am with a “Jog-a-thon” style Fun Run for kids and adults. Registered joggers can pick up their race packets in front of the school on Friday after Community Circle or Saturday morning at 8am.
Register online — $8.00 per person or $20.00 per family. After November 29th, the price increases to $10 per participant or $25 per family.
The tree and candle sale will follow the Jingle Jog from 9am – 3pm. Fraser Fir trees and wreaths are delivered freshly cut from a farm in North Carolina. There are several sizes to choose from, with prices ranging from $65-$85. We will also be selling Hanukkah candles at a price of $10 a pack. All proceeds benefit the Winnona Park PTA. Hope to see you Saturday!
Based on your responses, we reaffirmed that our top priorities are: support our staff, creating learning opportunities for students and helping to fund improvements for the school and grounds not covered by CSD. We also have learned that the top priorities for additional funding should go to the playground upgrades, noise reduction in the cafeteria and green/sustainability initiatives for our school.
In addition to priority setting, we gathered some viable input for our Spring Auction and communications as well as we heard from people on who could be experts or volunteers for our committees and events.
To see more detail, see the survey results.
Read-A-Thon encourages our children to excel in reading while raising supplemental funds for educational programs and materials at Winnona Park Elementary School!
Get all the details here.
This year’s dinner will be held on Thursday November 16th. RSVP forms are now available and will be coming home in backpacks this week. This is a fun, casual, community-building event for the whole family. Take a night off from cooking and bring your crew to eat with friends, teachers and staff from Winnona Park. Homemade sauce, meatballs, fresh salad, garlic bread, and home-baked cookies for dessert. Click here to download an RSVP form.
Please return your form and payment (checks made to Andrea Andrade) by Monday, November 13. Any questions? Email Andrea Andrade at email@example.com.
The WPES PTA is proud to announce that it has approved almost $4K in teacher grants this Fall for the following:
- Support for a service learning component for first graders. The expedition will involve purchasing books for a Texas flooded school. Each first grader will make book dedication labels that will go in each book that is purchased. First graders will also create a class book of their personal small moment narrative writing to send to the flooded school.
- Supplies for third graders to expand on their learning expedition on Ecuador. Students will be writing a non-fiction book about the country and see their own work published. The students will also learn about fair trade and use natural resources to create goods and services to buy, sell, and trade at their market.
- New professional development material for Ms. Miller & Ms. Sanders called Math in Practice. It identifies the big ideas of math content and best-practice teaching.
- A Flamenco dance teacher and a first grade Cuban celebration with our Spanish teachers.
- “Soft start” materials for Pitts’ class. She is trying out a new way for students to start their day.
- Grounded Kids Yoga training for Morrison & Señora Ramos.
- Yoga Blocks & Mat Cleaner to support their yoga practice with Coach
- Bongos for the Community Circle band.
- Ham & turkey for a staff holiday party celebration.
We look forward to seeing these grants in action!
It’s a picnic! It’s a dance party! Come hang out on the field, enjoy food truck fare, cook s’mores, and socialize whilst the kiddos run around until dark!
Food trucks open at 5:30 pm!
S’mores stations open from 6:30-7:30 pm!
Winnona Park Spirit Wear will also be available for purchase under the pavilion.
We are also looking for s’mores donations. Please place your items in a box in the front lobby of the school from now until October 13th: kindergarten (bag of marshmallows), first grade (box of graham crackers), second and third grade (package of regular-sized chocolate bars).