The WPES PTA is proud to announce that it has approved almost $4K in teacher grants this Fall for the following:
- Support for a service learning component for first graders. The expedition will involve purchasing books for a Texas flooded school. Each first grader will make book dedication labels that will go in each book that is purchased. First graders will also create a class book of their personal small moment narrative writing to send to the flooded school.
- Supplies for third graders to expand on their learning expedition on Ecuador. Students will be writing a non-fiction book about the country and see their own work published. The students will also learn about fair trade and use natural resources to create goods and services to buy, sell, and trade at their market.
- New professional development material for Ms. Miller & Ms. Sanders called Math in Practice. It identifies the big ideas of math content and best-practice teaching.
- A Flamenco dance teacher and a first grade Cuban celebration with our Spanish teachers.
- “Soft start” materials for Pitts’ class. She is trying out a new way for students to start their day.
- Grounded Kids Yoga training for Morrison & Señora Ramos.
- Yoga Blocks & Mat Cleaner to support their yoga practice with Coach
- Bongos for the Community Circle band.
- Ham & turkey for a staff holiday party celebration.
We look forward to seeing these grants in action!