Dear Winnona Park Elementary School Families,
On behalf of the Winnona Park PTA, welcome back to school for the 2016-2017 academic year! For many families returning to Winnona Park, you look forward to seeing friends and sharing stories of summer adventures. For others, you may be entering our doors for the first time, filled with excitement and anticipation. We welcome all of you, and invite you to use the following resources to stay informed and connected during the first few weeks and throughout the school year:
- School website (http://winnonapark.csdecatur.net/)
- Weekly email blast (use the subscribe button on the school website)
- Facebook (WPES Community and Winnona Park Elementary School PTA)
The PTA Board (firstname.lastname@example.org) is available to answer any questions you may have about events and opportunities to get involved. And we are excited to welcome back more than 300 PTA members who support our efforts through volunteering and fundraising. We believe that the best way to enhance the educational experience for all of our students is to put our energy into supporting our teachers and Expeditionary Learning. We encourage all families to join the PTA, so we may continue to achieve this success.
This past year, we raised more than $50,000 and were able to provide various enhancements to the school, including pavilion upgrades, grounds improvements, Buddy Bench installation and a rockin’ Community Circle CD for every family. We are excited to continue the following top fundraisers this year:
- The Read-a-Thon takes place in November after the Book Fair, and generates much enthusiasm around books and reading as well as raising money to supply our libraries.
- Holiday Tree Sale/Jingle Jog in December is a “jog-a-thon” style fun run for kids and adults followed by the tree sale, offering Frazier Firs, freshly cut from a farm in NC.
- Spring Auction is planned for March/April, and offers an opportunity for parents to enjoy a night out while connecting with friends and bidding on amazing silent and live auction items.
Through the support of our families, we continue to achieve our mission to enhance and enable the experience of all students at Winnona Park. Our community – staff, parents, and students working together – is why we are consistently ranked one of the top elementary schools in the state.
By joining the PTA, you can extend and support our community by giving your time and effort. There are many opportunities to get involved throughout the year; room parents, event chairs, field trip chaperones, making meals, supplying materials, attending events and building community at WPES! Over the next few weeks, we look forward to connecting with you.
Sunday, July 24th, 3-5pm Kindergarten Meet-up at Winnona Park Playground
Thursday, July 28th, 5-6pm Meet and Greet inside Winnona Park Elementary School
Thursday, July 28th, 6-8pm Popsicle Social at Winnona Park Pavilion and field
Monday, August 1st, 8-9am Coffee and Doughnuts (provided by Revolution Doughnuts!)
Thursday, August 18th, 6-8pm Curriculum Night inside Winnona Park Elementary School
At these events, you will have the opportunity to join the PTA and volunteer for various initiatives during the school year. Join the PTA online now.
Thank you for your support and let’s make this a great year at Winnona Park!
Laura Spriggs, President WPES PTA (email@example.com)